Excellent Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Solution
According to the “Excellent Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Solution”，Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) carry an important mission in the military field. From the past they were only responsible for intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) tasks, but now they have assumed the dual responsibilities of ISR and strike, playing an increasingly important role in the military field.
With the rapid growth of the use of unmanned aerial vehicles in the government’s national defense plan and civil areas, the market demand is increasingly prosperous, so the branches of applications that unmanned aerial vehicles can realize are increasing constantly, and are also frequently seen in people’s eyes.
At this time, ADI, which has professional experience in semiconductor industry, cannot bear this broad prospect and strides into the aviation field of unmanned aerial vehicles.
Block diagram of unmanned aerial vehicle:
I. Secure Communication (Data Link) RF(Datalink)
①ADF7242: low power IEEE 802.15.4/ proprietary GFSK/FSK zero if 2.4 GHZ transceiver IC A highly integrated transceiver with low power consumption and high performance operates in the 2.4 GHz ISM band commonly used in the world. The design focuses on flexibility, robustness, ease of use and low power consumption. The IC supports IEEE 802.15.4-2006 2.4 GHz PHY requirements and proprietary GFSK/FSK/GMSK/MSK modulation schemes in both data packet and data stream modes. But also requires very few external components Advantages and Features:
1. Low power consumption: 19 mA typical reception mode, 21.5 mA typical transmission mode, PO = 3 dBm)2 kHz crystal oscillator wake-up mode: 1.7 A.
2. Programmable output power: -20 dBm to +4.8 dBm with step of 2 dB
3. Frequency range (global ISM band): 2400 MHz to 2483.5 MHz
②ADF4150: fractional-n/integer-n PLL synthesizer When the device is used in combination with an external voltage controlled oscillator, a loop filter and an external reference frequency, it can realize a fractional-n or integer-n phase-locked loop (PLL) frequency synthesizer. At the same time, it can be used with external VCO devices. The VCO frequency can be divided by 1/2/4/8 or 16, so the user can generate an RF output frequency as low as 31.25 MHz. For applications requiring isolation, the RF output stage can be muted. The mute function can be controlled by pins or software, and is applicable to wireless infrastructure and wireless local area network.
Advantages and Features:
1. Independent charge pump power supply (VP) can provide extended tuning voltage in 3 V system
2. All on-chip registers are controlled through a simple 3-wire interface
3. Power is supplied from 3.0 V to 3.6 V power supply, which can be turned off when not in use.
③ADL5801: high IP3, 10 MHz to 6 GHz active mixer A high linearity double balanced active mixer core and an integrated local oscillator buffer amplifier are utilized to provide high dynamic range frequency conversion from 10 MHz to 6 GHz. The proprietary linearization architecture enables the mixer to provide enhanced IP3 performance at high input levels. Bias adjustment features can optimize input linearity, single sideband noise figure, and DC current through a single control pin. In mobile phone applications, in-band blocking signals may lead to degradation of dynamic performance. The high input linearity of the device enables it to meet the stringent requirements of this application.
Advantages and Features:
1. The adaptive bias function enables the device to achieve high IP3 performance in the presence of strong blocking signals
2. When strong interference no longer occurs, it will be automatically biased to achieve low noise figure and low power consumption.
3. Excellent blocking single sideband noise index, sideband noise index: 10 dB
④ ADRF6510: 30 MHz dual-channel programmable filter and variable gain amplifier A pair of matched fully differential low noise, low distortion programmable filters and variable gain amplifiers are integrated. Each channel can suppress large out-of-band interference signals and faithfully amplify required signals, thus reducing bandwidth and resolution requirements of analog-to-digital converters. The two channels match well and have a high spurious-free dynamic range at all gain and bandwidth settings, making them ideal for orthogonal (I-Q) communication systems with dense constellations, multiple carriers and adjacent interference.
Advantages and Features:
1. A pair of matched programmable filters and VGA
2. Continuous Gain Control Range: -5 dB to 45 dB
3. Differential input and output, adjustable output common mode voltage, optional DC output offset correction function
II. Gimbal Control
① ADXRS450: 300/s high anti-vibration digital gyroscope An angular rate sensor (gyroscope) is mainly used in industrial, medical, instrumentation, stability and other high performance applications. It adopts advanced differential four-sensor design, which can suppress the influence of linear acceleration and thus can work in extremely harsh environments with shock and vibration. At the same time, the internal continuous self-test architecture is adopted. The integrity of the electromechanical system is checked by applying a high-frequency electrostatic force to the detection structure to generate a rate signal, distinguishing the rate signal from baseband rate data, and performing internal analysis while being suitable for medical applications and industrial instruments.
Advantages and characteristics:
1. Can detect angular rate up to 300/s. Angular rate data is provided as a 16-bit word as part of a 32-bit SPI message
2. It can provide high vibration suppression characteristics in a wide frequency range.
3. Excellent zero bias stability: 25/ hour, internal temperature compensation, impact resistance: 2000 g
②ADXRS624: 50/s yaw rate gyroscope An angular rate sensor (gyroscope) with complete functions and low cost is manufactured by surface micromachining technology. All necessary electronic devices are integrated on a single chip. The manufacturing technology of the device is the same as the large-scale BiMOS process used for high-reliability automobile airbag accelerometers. It is also an automotive grade gyroscope. Influenced by car testing, this kind of gyroscope has a wider guaranteed minimum/maximum specifications and is perfectly applicable to navigation systems and robot platforms.
Advantages and characteristics:
1. Two digital self-test inputs excite the sensor by electromechanical means to test whether the sensor and signal conditioning circuit work normally
2. Complete angular velocity gyroscope on a single chip
3. 105℃ operating temperature, self-test according to digital command, ultra-small size, light weight (0.15 cc, 0.5 g)
③ ADXRS623: 150/s yaw rate gyroscope
III. Visual enhancement
High quality vision system plays a key role in national defense and aerospace market. Applications such as airplanes equipped with surveillance cameras and soldiers with night vision goggles require cutting-edge image acquisition, video processing and high-speed data connection technologies. At the same time, the surveillance camera is now a visual system integrating surveillance and observation, just like human glasses.
AD8031： 2.7 V, 800 A, 80 MHZ rail-to-rail input/output single amplifier A single supply voltage feedback amplifier with high speed, small signal bandwidth of 80 MHz and slew rate of 30 V/? S, settling time is 125 ns. The power consumption is less than 4.0 mW when +5 V single power supply is used to realize the above characteristics. This low power consumption characteristic can prolong the working time of high-speed battery power supply system without sacrificing dynamic performance. It is very suitable for patient monitoring, unmanned aircraft and scanning equipment.
IV. Avionics ADCMP601: rail-to-rail, 2.5 V to 5.5 V, single supply TTL/CMOS very fast comparator The extremely fast comparator is manufactured using ADI’s proprietary XFCB2 process. These comparators have extremely rich and diverse functional characteristics and are easy to use. They include: input range from VEE-0.5 V to VCC+0.2 V, low noise TTL-/CMOS- compatible output drivers, and latch input and/or shutdown input with adjustable hysteresis for servo and robotics, avionics Advantages and Features:
1. Single-pin control realizes programmable hysteresis and latch functions 2. Supports wide input signal range while still realizing independent output swing control and power saving functions 3. Low glitch CMOS-/TTL- compatible output stage, propagation delay: 3.5 ns V. radar Today’s advanced radar systems require the highest performance signal processing products to achieve peak performance in operation. Today’s radar is not only an essential military electronic equipment, but also widely used in social and economic development (such as weather forecast, resource detection, environmental monitoring, etc.) and scientific research (celestial body research, atmospheric physics, ionosphere structure research, etc.) has become an equipment inseparable from human life Ad8014: 400mhz, low power, high performance amplifier A revolutionary current feedback operational amplifier has reached new levels in bandwidth, power consumption, output drive and distortion. The amplifier uses ADI’s proprietary circuit structure to achieve the highest performance with the lowest power consumption. It is not only excellent in technical performance, but also low in cost, suitable for consumer electronic equipment. This universal amplifier is suitable for a variety of applications, including battery-powered equipment, radar and defense electronics.
Advantages and Features:
1. Very stable, easy to use, overload recovery quickly
2. It has extremely low voltage and current noise and low distortion characteristics, and is very suitable for broadband signal processing applications.
3. Very low offset voltage, input bias, low drift and excellent driving capability Because unmanned aerial vehicles have the advantages of saving personnel, space and hearing more about electronic reconnaissance equipment and payload, the current research on unmanned aerial vehicles has become a key project in various countries, including our country, which wants to be one of the world’s leading unmanned aerial vehicles.
The improvement of UAV performance cannot be achieved without the support of component technology. ADI has unique advantages in data processing technology. The technical support and breakthrough brought to you are definitely not limited to what you see, but is also a great double experience and shocking enjoyment of vision and touch.
Original Essay，Writer：AC SMART，wanna repost ? Please sign the references：https://www.acsmart.com/aerial-vehicle-solution/